2. Click on System and Security
3. Click on System
VIRUS - Page 1
This 'Locky' Ransom Virus occurred due to me
opening an email attachment in December, 2016 .....
1) I didn't notice that the email related to 'FedEx' which was the wrong shipping company and ....
2) The information was in a 'zipped folder'
and I was prompted to update my WinZip account at a cost of £31.14 to
OPEN THE VIRUS FILES !!
The effect was disastrous and, though an attempt was made to reset my computer to 'factory settings', (see page 2), the virus remained.
Long chat sessions - with 'McAfee screen control' - suggested that all viruses had been removed, however, I still had problems and, using 'Windows File Explorer' I located and removed approximately 4000 'ORISIS' files.
McAfee sessions included:
This has considerably improved things but I still have a serious problem. This MAY be a different virus - the effects are ...
1) Email access and use seem OK (I minimise time spent with emails).
2) The web page changes to an 'Update Adobe
Flash' page, (with a popup in front' which is obviously fake, cannot be
closed and a computer restart is required.
3) A video 'obviously fake' with an
attractive young lady wishing to chat ...
4) A 'Smart Screen' - suggesting that I call
0800 090 3853 IMMEDIATELY.
02/01/17 Approximately 17:50 to 20:00 ??
The current problem could now be due to Remote Access ??
4. In the left pane, click on “Remote Settings”
5. Check the box “Allow Remote Connections to this computer” to enable Remote Access Remove the check from the box “Allow Remote Connections to this Computer” to disable Remote Access in Windows 10.
Attempts to remove Liveadexchanger.com (by Mel Ashton)
Attempted Delivery 9:14 am on December
24th - almost 10 minutes !