30m converted "double decker" Dutch Barge
This converted Dutch Klipper is currently subdivided into three
fully equipped self contained "flats" with separate entrances -
- 3 living rooms,
- 3 kitchen/diners,
- 3 bathrooms,
- 1 additional wc
- 5 double bed cabins. In addition she has front and rear outer
plus a 16 metre upper deck (behind the wheelhouse).
This barge has multiple possibilities including the
- Could revert to spacious family accommodation;
- Has possibilities for purchase by "boat sharers":
- Very suitable for home and income;
- Could readily function as a "boats hotel".
She is, and has been, well loved, and well maintained, over her many
years and various incarnations. Built in 1913 in Rotterdam,
initially working the Dutch canals as a cargo boat, then converted
in the 1960s to ply her trade in Amsterdam, as a double-decked
function boat - for private events. She then transferred to the
Thames over nine years ago, to provide spacious family
accommodation, and more recently, home and income.
Specifications include the following:
- Length 30m
- Beam 4.30m
- Draft - approx. 1m unladen
- Air draft: 4.20m reducing to 3.80m when wheelhouse is collapsed.
- Twin General Motors 6 cylinder diesel engines (with very low
Black water sewage disposal system
Several bathroom/kitchen macerator/pump systems
Diesel central heating radiators throughout
This is a reluctant sale at £175,000
due to change of circumstances.
Currently moored in Central London.
Sorry but, unfortunately, the mooring is non-transferable - hence
the reduced price.
Viewings by appointment for the
seriously interested (definitely no time wasters!).
For further information contact the owner on:
Tel: Mel 07740 282 567
Click Here to Email
This Website ?
Click Here to Return to Mel's
[ Back |
Mel's Home Page ]